Monday, June 14, 2010

success with free press and pancakes

If you haven't gathered this already, I am obsessed with food. (DUH.) But, that doesn't mean that my obsession is literally just food, but all things associated with life's edible pleasures.

On a recent trip to NYC, my lady friends and I decided to stop into a comic shop. That may seem darling or dorky, the latter being the more assumed thought, but during this urban pop-in, I laid my food-crazed eyes upon Lauren Barnett's hilariously cutesy comics.

Vibrantly booming from the nerdcore shelves was her self-published funny papers and her issue, "I'd Sure Like Some Fucking Pancakes," was one that I couldn't help but adore the most.

Snarky and neurotic, adorable and humorous, this witty female's blabfest skimmed through obsessions with drinking too much diet coke, having baking blowouts and of course, just wanting the simple pleasure of a rounded flapjack.


Paging through the copy, I couldn't help but laugh aloud at the hilarity of her angsty lady-fueled illustrations and obviously gained an inkling that comic appreciation can easily be now found for foodies and females, alike.