Friday, May 28, 2010

the freshest of breakfast at my favorite muffin

Living in the suburbs of Philadelphia, it is extremely rare to find a fresh-baked bagel haven that's survived amongst the swarmed sea of nearby Dunkin' Donuts. Better yet, if you are able to pinpoint a bagel cafe that also prepares customized cream cheeses to generously slather on your toasted roundsyou may be dreamin'!

However, Phoenixville's My Favorite Muffin (which surprisingly, is also a franchise) has become my saving grace for a legitimate, morning-time morsels. Their selection of freshly-baked, sweetly-tinged chewy bagels easily peak as the area's finest. 

Manned by the friendliest bunch, who excel at relaying the tantalizing tastes of each and every bite of their inventory, I opted for the Cinnamon Toast selection for my premiere bite. Smeared with a delicious heaping of honey walnut cream cheese (all of which are prepared on premises), my local breakfasts have never been better. Even B's choice, a crunchy Swiss Cheese and onion toppled with a cucumber dill cream cheese spread, was the perfect opposite of sweetened treat—and just as addictive.

As the name assumes, this local cafe captures the muffin in all of its forms, too, and if you like to skip the high-carb bagel when it comes to your morning eats, consider their top-notch mini-cake sensations. The choices are endless at My Favorite Muffin, from Boston Cream, Cranberry Nut, Blueberry Crumb Cheese, Cinnamon Bun, Deep Dish Apple Pie, Raspberry Cream Cheese, Chocolate-Chip, as well as many fat-free varieties, mini-muffins, and even, muffin tops, the thing called a doughnut is no longer necessary in my must-eat-now book.

And, I'd be silly to not mention their choice of several coffees isn't too shabby either, making this one-stop-shop now possessing, like the name suggests, my favorite muffins and bagels, by far!


My Favorite Muffin, 1130 Valley Forge Road, Phoenixville, 610-933-3393